For an RVing newbie, it is necessary to learn to conserve the space in your RV, from the first day. With smart organization, you can salvage and fit the core things that you love from your house, however, small your new RV is.
Wander Dano on Space Saving Ideas for RVers
See more from Wander Dano.
Are YOU a Happy Camper Member Yet? Learn More Here
RV Outdoors on Space Saving Ideas for RVing Newbies
- Wall Mounted Magnetic Strips- Many kitchen items (knives, scissors, etc) are magnetic and can be organized on a magnetic strip attached to the wall. Also, metal trays can turn into a simple magnetic spice rack!
- Dangling Jars- Mason jars are perfect to store small items, just attach the lids to upper cabinets with a few screws and organize away!
- Under Shelf Spice Rack- Build a simple fold out spice rack to save cabinet and counter space.
- Paper Plate Dispenser- Get a ceiling mounted paper plate dispenser for easy convenience.
- Sliding Drawer- If you are remodeling you can create storage benches or add drawers to under table surfaces to create a desk.
- Door Trash Can- This is great for any small kitchen or bathroom! Put a small over the cabinet trashcan beneath your sinks for easy access.
- Storage Pods- Use command strips to attach different storage pods or pvc pipe to the inside of the cabinet doors for extra storage.
- Magazine racks- These are a great way to utilize wall space! They can hold anything you want to keep handy such as: art supplies, lighters, first aid kits, books, flashlights, etc.
See more from RV Outdoors.
Guaranty shares smart ways of saving space for RVing newbies
- Start With ChecklistsRV lifestyle blogs are a great place to pick up tips that will save you a lot of time and hassle. You can learn so much from others mistakes, and full-time RVers are usually happy to share the solutions they’ve found for typical problems.
- Use Other Online Resources Like Pinterest and Buzzfeed for getting Ideas for Your RVPinterest is full of resources and ideas about everything imaginable, and there is an active RV Lifestyle community with Message Boards about organizing, space saving, and more. Search for topics like “RV and Camper Space Saving Ideas” or “Camper Ideas/Organizing.”
Read more on organizing smartly in your RV from Sam.
It is true that for amateurs, living in a smaller space is easy than fitting everything that you want in a tiny space. The most important thing to remember when shifting into your RV temporarily or for full-time RVing, is to remember to pack what you need than what you want.