Since each RV differs in its kitchen facilities, successful RV cooking depends on the features of your RV kitchen.
Take a look at the following secrets for successful and easy cooking inside your RV.
RVing4Fun talks about varied secrets for RV cooking
See more from RVing4Fun.
Do It Yourself RV shares untold secrets on efficient RV cooking
- Don’t Overlook Meal Planning –Spending a few minutes every week making a meal plan and meal-specific grocery list will save a considerable amount of time and stress in your RV kitchen.
- Slow-Cooker Saves the Day- Many RVers swear by meals made in their slow-cookers. It really doesn’t get much easier than piling ingredients in the cooker, setting the heat to low and then letting time do the work.
- One-Pot Meals Keep the Mess Under Control- A great way to save space, and make after dinner clean up a breeze, is to prepare one-pot meals.
- Pre-stage Cooking Utensils and Prep Ingredients- Save space and time by pre-chopping veggies and prepping ingredients ahead of time. If you are lacking in counter space move your cutting board over to the dinette and chop there, or close your stove-top lid and use that as a chopping surface.
See more from DoItYourselfRV.
Lisa Leake shares her expert tips of RV Cooking
- Plan Ahead. This is one of the most important elements of RV cooking. You can make sauces, stews, soups, and other side dishes ahead and freeze them, then you just need to warm them up for dinner.
- Make mixes ahead of time. If you’re going to make bread, measure out all the dry ingredients into a plastic bag, and then simply add the wet ingredients when you’re ready to bake. The same goes for pancakes, waffles, breading mixes, and other types of flours and mixes. Measure them out ahead of time, then you only have to mix and cook in the kitchen, and you don’t have to carry around all the different ingredients, taking up space in your small RV pantry.
- Marinate meats and vegetables ahead of time. You can transport meats and vegetables in their marinades in plastic bags. When you’re ready to cook, they’re already marinated, which saves you another step along the way.
Most importantly, RV cooking is not just about the speed of fixing a meal, it is also about enjoy fixing each meal, with your entire family!