Situated in Stone Mountain Park, Stone Mountain attracts multitudes of tourists every year. Apart from the engravings and stunning nightlife, Stone Mountain has loads more to offer to RVers, specifically.
6 Things Not To Miss when RVing at Stone Mountain in Georgia
- Stone Mountain Carvings: Carvings of Robert E Lee, Jefferson Davis and Stonewall Jackson from the times of Civil War.
- Laser Show: An event held in summer, the Stone Mountain Laser show portrays the elaborate history of Georgia.
- Covered Bridge: A heritage bridge built in 1892, Covered Bridge was known to span the Oconee River in GA initially.
- Park Telepherique and Sky Rides: One of the many attractions of Georgia is its Sky Ride aerial trams, cable car, Great Barn and Sky Hikes
- Cherokee Trail: Ranging 5 miles in length, Cherokee trail is unique for its exclusive looping route. The trail surrounds the west part of Stone Mountain like in the picture below.
- Antebellum Plantation and Farmyard: open air museum catering 19 legendary buildings, built oddly 200+ years ago.
Have you ever been RVing at Stone Mountain? Which of the above sightings did your itinerary have? Please share with us about your experience while RVing at Georgia, in the comments below.