Get a Happy Camper Tshirt, Mug & More... PLUS get all of the ads REMOVED from our website!
No catch - just pay a small fee
The dutch oven is one great cooking equipment you can bring on your camping expedition. This can produce excellently-baked Dutch recipe meals that may even taste better than home-cooked meals. This metal oven has thick walls, and tight-fit cover that allow you to roast, boil, fry and braise to almost perfection.
A lot of dutch camping recipes entail the use of a dutch oven. Campers can put a pot in the oven and when it’s done replace it with another dish and just maintain temperature.
With a dutch oven you can cook well-known recipes such as stews, dumplings, biscuits, and beans. But more than that, you can unbelievably enjoy the luxury of your favorite desserts such as cakes and muffins in the outdoors. You can try this simple recipe and sate your sweet tooth even far from your abode.
– ½ stick of butter or margarine lined on the underside of the cooking vessel
– 1 pack of your preferred cake blend, such as white or yellow cake poured in next
– 1 tin of your preferred fruit, such as pineapple or cherries, poured on top
– Moderately mix all ingredients
– Put the oven on a layer of burning embers
– Bake for 30 minutes up to one hour. Insert a knife to test and see if its done. The knife should come out clean
If you want a filling meal to energize you after a tiring outdoors adventure, try this easy to prepare yet flavorful dutch oven camping recipe of meat and vegetable stew:
– Put some meat and water in the oven. Heat up with live coals.
– When meat is tender add your favorite veggies
– Add some wrapped stew seasoning for flavor.
– Mix and moderately boil until done. Eat heartily.
This meal is very healthy because ingredients completes the daily requirements that your body needs. It has meat and vegetables that could replenish the energy being used by your body during your everyday work.
Aside from its nutritional value, what is great with this menu is that it does not even sacrifice its flavor and taste. In most cases, foods that are very nutritious do not have appealing taste. However, this menu offers good flavor and high nutrition. Plus, it is very easy to prepare and is an ideal menu during camping or when you are away from home.
So, once the meat gets tender, you can add the vegetables that you want to put like in most cases onions, celery, potatoes, and carrots are the most favorites.