The best way to buy an RV is only through an efficient dealer. Researching the local dealers will help you find a dealer that can accommodate your demands realistically.
So take a look at these following tips for buying an RV, to avoid being scammed.
RV Travel on Clever Tips to Remember When Buying An RV
See more from RVtravel.
FMCA on RV Buying Tips for Newbies
- Coach Cost- RVs have plumbing, 110-volt electrical systems, and heating and cooling systems, plus complete kitchens, baths, and sleeping areas.Motorhomes have to endure earthquake-type forces every day when they are driven down less-than-perfect roads. And driving through a rainstorm often subjects them to hurricane-force rains.So, it’s not surprising that even entry-level coaches often cost “more than a house.”
- How Big- A size 52 suit is not the best purchase for a person who wears a size 44, even if they both cost the same. Larger does not necessarily mean better when buying a suit or a motorhome. Perhaps a rule of thumb regarding size could be, the longer the motorhome will stay in one location, the longer it should be.
- Slideouts — those rooms that slide in when traveling and out when parked — also have staunch supporters and detractors. Slideouts can greatly increase the roominess of the motorhome, but they also increase the weight, complexity, and cost of the unit.
See more from FMCA.
Mark Polk on Questions to Ask Before Buying an RV
- What type of RV is best suited for you and your family?
- What type of floor plan will work best for you and your family?
- Do you plan to travel cross-country with the RV or is it going to be set up at one location and left there?
- If you’re going to be towing the RV is the tow vehicle capable of handling the weight of the RV and do you have the proper hitch work to safely tow it?
- How many people will be in the RV and what are the sleeping requirements?
- Is there enough seating space?
Read more on things to look out for buying a new RV from Sam.
The golden tip to consider when buying an RV is the features you want and need on the RV. This is because the dealer chooses what he or she prefers from experience as well as trend.