Cats compared to dogs do not easily cope with the traveling idea. They get easily distracted with moving surroundings and a new environment just shock them sometimes. You definitely would not like to bring along your cuddly feline and end up having them stressed and RV-sick.
Get more of these from PapayaJoy
Now here’s what you can do:
Train your cat to get used in traveling. Start from short trips, change in time and new surroundings. Make this a routine for a week and if it goes well then you can take your kitty on your road trip adventure.
But just some few reminders for you:
- Bring along a hard sided pet carrier.
- Have an airtight food container to keep your cat food fresh.
- See to it that your cat has a microchip or tag with your contact details just in case they got lost.
- Have your cat wear an elastic collar which allows them to back out of the collar while being pulled just in case they got stuck on something.
- Vet Paper and Certificates please have them handy.
- Prescriptions are also necessary in case your cat is under any prescriptions.
- Litter boxes are a must and keep clean all the time.
- Make sure to make them comfortable – always.